Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Ice Creams & a Stapled Finger

A few weeks ago, the Boyfriend came home with this guy.


I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but the poor thing was covered with a horrible material that resembled crocodile skin, but worse cause it was shiny. When I first saw it I told the Boyfriend that it looked like the amp of an 80's hair band member. I then proceeded to mock him by telling him he now had to wear skin tight pants, put a scarf around his microphone and wear tons of eyeliner. Suffice it to say, he was not happy. Fast forward two weeks. He came home with a brand new cover and decided to enlist my help   reupholstering the amp. I'm still not sure if he asked for my help because he really wanted it or as punishment for my mocking him. Regardless of his reasons, I decided to help out. He worked the staple gun and I measured and cut.


It took us quite a while to get it all done. We stopped briefly for an ice cream break, and once more to stop my bleeding finger (me and staple guns don't really get along), but we managed to finish it all. This is how it came out...

Please ignore the mess...neither of us are neat workers
Not bad right? In spite of the stapled finger I had a blast. It's nice to be included every once in a while in his music things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!